It’s almost November and we are reaching the holiday season. It’s easy to get lost in all of the fabulous foods, the parties… and all the other distractions keeping us from focusing on our normal healthy routines. Halloween can sometimes trigger a quick down-hill habit – meaning there’s candy at your house, available whenever you want it! It’s too easy to get in the groove of eating unhealthy. But, we have some tips to help you stay healthy and active during the winter season.
- Curb Your Cravings: The cold weather tends to fire up your appetite for carbs and comfort foods. To counter this, try a protein-rich breakfast to start your day so that your energy can last longer. Smaller, and more frequent meals are the way to go. Vianda offers a great weight loss support supplement, Suvaril, that is a great help for curbing your appetite, the healthy way. Get yours here: http://www.viandalife.com/suvaril
- Add Omega-3 Fatty Acids to Your Diet: Omega-3 studies show that it helps lower levels of depression, which is very common in people during the winter season, because of its shorter days and lack of daylight. Vianda offers Vivora, an Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement for total mind and body health. Get yours here: http://www.viandalife.com/vivora
- Keep Eating your Vegetables: Salads aren’t just for the summer. No, they aren’t nice and warm for a cold, winter day, but they are packed with nutrients that you still need during the holiday season.
- Cook with some Spice: There are tons of great spices that taste great and help improve your immune system such as onion, garlic, cilantro, turmeric, and curry powder. A strong immune system is essential for the cold & flu season. Stay healthy!
- Workout at Home: Don’t worry about having to face the cold just to go to the gym! Bring your workouts home! Nowadays you can get online, or on your TV and search “at home workouts”. Most options are fun, and either don’t need any equipment, or just use the furniture available in your home! What’s better than that?
- Visit the Sauna: If you are someone that experiences slight depression during the winter season, visiting the sauna could help. Working up a sweat (by just sitting there…ha!) is a great way to detoxify and combat the feeling of stress.
- Take Your Supplements: Consuming vitamins during the winter season is a great way to stay healthy and kick the cold & flu season! With the lack of time in the sun during winter, getting your Vitamin D is essential; really all vitamins are essential!
- Get Out There: During the holiday season, it’s easy to find tons of things to do! Whether it’s visiting a pumpkin patch, going ice skating, going to holiday parties, tree-lighting’s, or parades, its great to connect with friends. It’s healthy to get out of the house, and not stay cooped up. Stay connected with your loved ones. After all, it is the season of giving and being thankful!
Again, these are just tips, or suggestions if you will, for you to incorporate in your every day life to help get through the winter season, healthy and not feeling sluggish! If you know that you lose yourself every holiday season, and you are kicking yourself come January, then don’t let yourself get behind! Yes, of course it is okay to enjoy the treats, and delicious holiday drinks, but don’t enjoy them everyday, multiple times a day!
Thanks for reading! Enjoy your holiday season. Happy Holidays!